Rental Conditions & Cancellation Policy
A deposit of £100.00 is required to secure a booking.
The remaining balance must be paid 2 weeks before the first day of hire (should you wish to pay a deposit only and are booking online please contact us first).
An insurance excess of £1500 applies, which is taken as a security deposit on vehicle collection.
If you wish to cancel or move your booking our policy is as follows:
Cancellation 2 weeks before the first day of hire
No refund. We are unable to move your booking at this late stage so any money paid will be lost.
Cancellation 2 weeks – 6 weeks before hire
Full loss of deposit. Moving your booking at this stage will incur a £50 charge.
Cancellation 6 or more weeks before the first day of hire
100% refund less an administration charge £20. Moving your booking at this stage is free.
a van or ask a question
Take a step towards a perfect holiday!
Terms and conditions of business
Not wanting to bog you down with legal detail too much on your holiday, Jersey Camper Hire would like it to be clear at the outset for both parties regarding hire procedures. You are the customer and we would like you to enjoy your stay, and therefore we can offer a degree of flexibility, but terms and conditions of business are necessary and as follows;
Jersey law requires campers to stay overnight at recognised campsites only. Please go to our Jersey page, Campsites in Jersey option. Contact the campsite of your choice directly and be sure to book in advance, as the campsites can become very full in high season. Please note only one campsite is open all year round. See www.jersey.com for further information – Places to stay; Camping and glamping.
1. Hire Rates
The van rental prices quoted include unlimited mileage in Jersey. For our season rates please go to our Rates section.
- Excess Charge
There is a standard excess charge of £1500. This means that the hirer will be liable to pay the first £1500 of any claim for damage to either the vehicle or third party property. The hirer will also be liable for replacement or repair of windscreen and tyre damage.
- Excess Waiver
Regrettably the excess is quite high, but this reduces the overall cost of insuring these valuable classic vehicles for your hire period, however we can reduce this excess to only £500 with an additional excess waiver fee of £20.00 per hire period.
- Insurance Loading
Jersey Camper Hire may incur additional charges if a driver either has a traffic conviction or an accident within the last 3 years, or a non-UK driving license or an occupation which is deemed to be high risk by our insurers. If additional insurance premiums are levied, these charges will be passed directly to customers.
- Fire Damage
The hire insurance does not cover the vehicle in the event of a fire caused by heating or cooking, all responsibility for fire damage caused by these activities is the sole responsibility of the hirer including (but not limited to) theft, loss, vandalism and malicious damage.
3. Security Deposit
The insurance excess is secured via your credit card or debit card. We take a print of your card to cover the possibility of damage to the vehicle or the fixtures and fittings therein or equipment included in the rental. We reserve the right to take the excess amount immediately after the hire period if the vehicle is damaged during the hire period up to the maximum amount of £1500 or £500 respectively.
4. REFUELLING PROCEDURE
We aim to have the tanks full of ethanol-free unleaded fuel at the start of your hire period. We ask that the vans are returned with the same level of fuel. If a tank is emptier than when it went out, we reserve the right to charge you the replacement fuel cost using your excess deposit credit or debit card details, plus an additional £15.00 administration fee.
The inventory does not include any linens / bedding – pillows, sleeping bags and sheets. These can be supplied at a cost of £20.00 per person per hire period.
6. Minimum Hire Period
Two or three days plus is the normal hire period with extra days possible. During the peak season, which we regard as between 1st July and 30th September, any one day hire booking request is subject to the discretion of Jersey Camper Hire. This is to enable the vans to be available for planned holiday bookings.
7. Driver Qualification
- Drivers must have held a license valid for more than two years.
- A valid driver’s license must be presented by all drivers at the start of the hire period
- Drivers must also provide two further separate forms of identification (e.g. Utility bill & passport)
- A maximum of 2 drivers per rental is permissible.
- A maximum of 6 penalty points is allowable; drivers convicted of drunk driving cannot drive our vehicles if disqualified in the last 8 years.
- Drivers must be over 25 and under 80 years of age. Jersey Camper Hire reserves the right to withdraw the hire contract however, if it is evident that the driver cannot safely and securely control these older vehicles, where driving techniques are different to modern vehicles.
8. Main Office
Unit 10, Springside, Trinity Jersey, JE3 5DG
10. Collection & Return
- Collection; we aim for the vans to be available from 12pm on the day of hire or at a date and time specified in the rental agreement. Please allow one hour to complete paperwork and for the vehicle hand over and demonstration. We will of course try to be flexible and accommodate you however, if the van is booked “back-to-back” we ask that you kindly adhere to the collection and drop off times.
- Return; the vehicle must be returned before 10am on the date specified on the rental agreement, or a time agreed by prior arrangement. The vehicle must be returned clean and in the same condition as it was collected. A charge of £50.00 will be made for cleaning should this not be the case, at the discretion of Jersey Camper Hire. (We accept that washing the exterior of the vehicle will not be possible and the bedding is to be laundered by ourselves).
11. Break Down Cover
In the rare event you might break down, cover is provided here on the Island. If you do break down we ask that you immediately phone us directly on (+44) 01534 864073 so we can advise your best course of action. Direct contact for our recovery partner is:
No1 Recovery Limited, Jersey contact: 01534 861001 (Ref: Le Riche Autos)
12. Variation of Terms
Jersey Camper Hire reserves the right to vary these conditions of hire at any time. Including, but not limited to, withdrawal of hire, full refund and if necessary, offer of a replacement vehicle in the event of business needs.